Board certified in Otolaryngology.
Dr. Gary Moore specializes in neurotology and skull base surgery. This includes the evaluation and treatment of skull base tumors, balance disorders causing dizziness, facial nerve disorders, all types of hearing loss and tinnitus. He provides cochlear implants and implantable hearing aids, and cares for patients afflicted with Bell’s palsy, acoustic tumors and other tumors of the skull base. He has a special interest in the medical evaluation and/or surgical treatment of patients with dizziness. Dr. Moore is a graduate of the University of Nebraska, Lincoln. He received his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree from the University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, in 1979.
He completed his surgical internship in Iowa and a residency in Otolaryngology at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha. Following five years of general Ear, Nose and Throat practice, he completed a fellowship in Otology, Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery at the University of Zurich in Switzerland with Professor Ugo Fisch.
Dr. Moore is a full professor in the Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. He is codirector of the Center for Skull Base Surgery Team at UNMC and Director of the Microsurgical Dissection Laboratory at UNMC. He is active in numerous ENT and Neurotology organizations, and has published over 50 journal articles and written several chapters in medical journals and texts.
Additional recognitions include
- Charter member of the North American Skull Base Society
- Fellow in the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Foundation
- Fellow in the American College of Surgeons – District #1 chairman candidate application
- Fellow in the American Neurotologic Society
- Fellow in the American Otology Society
- Member of the Acoustic Neuroma Association
- Member and past chairman of the Deafness Research Foundation-Nebraska chapter
- Member of the International Skull Base Society
- Member of Prosper Meniere’s Society
- Serves on the Medical Student Admissions Committee at UNMC, 1999 to present
- Course director for the Temporal Bone Microsurgical Dissection Course at UNMC
- Recipient of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Foundation’s Honor Award for Teaching, 1996
- Served on the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Foundation
- Nebraska Representative to the Board of Governors, 1993-94 and 1996-98
- Midwest Surgery Hospital, Omaha, NE
- The Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Methodist Hospital, Omaha, NE
- Regional West Medical Center, Scottsbluff, NE
- St. Luke’s Midland Regional Medical Center, Aberdeen, SD
- Columbus Community Hospital, Columbus, NE